An Adventure in Diffusing - Does it Really Work???

Confession time: when I was first reading out diffusing and exploring the (literal hundreds) of oil/blend combinations out there to run through a diffuser, I was pretty skeptical. You mean to tell me that diffusing oils can help support a good night's sleep? The idea of aromatherapy is super interesting, still a little bit foreign, BUT...I was intrigued and determined to see if it would make a difference in my daily life.


I got my starter kit on a Saturday and was a little nervous about trying some diffusing blend recipes, so I just grabbed my trusty bottle of lavender. I figured it was a safe bet since I love the smell, so I tried it for my first night. Plus, everything I read told me that lavender may help support a good night's sleep. Of course, this is just one of the many things that this VERY versatile essential oil can be used for. Click HERE for an info sheet on Lavender to learn about it's many uses and safety.

So - how did diffusing the lavender affect my sleep? See for yourself...


First, let me explain the above chart a bit. The blank lines are nights that my Fitbit was charging, so obviously without it on my wrists, my sleep patterns are not measured. I first got my kit on Saturday, so the bar I'm comparing to is Thursday night where I had no diffuser. That red dotted line is drawn across for reference to understand how each bar compared in time slept to the Thursday "pre-diffuser" night. Notice how on Sunday (the 2nd S), I got less hours of overall sleep, but still got more deep sleep than Thursday evening - that's pretty cool!

After a couple nights of diffusing Lavender, I thought I would shake it up a bit. I mixed just a little bit of Lavender with Citrus Fresh. Let me tell you, the smell was AMAZING, but my sleep was restless. I didn't feel like I got any good quality DEEP sleep. I did a bit more research in the morning, and I found that Citrus Fresh is often used diffused to support energy levels, so I'm concluding that this may have impacted my levels of deep sleep.


For further comparison, I am including a graph of my sleep over the past month. I noticed the first night I used Lavender with the red arrow. I. Am. Amazed. Lavender is one of the oils that comes in your starter kit. Yay! You can get a few more diffuser recipes using oils in your starter kit HERE.

What are some of your favorites to blend and diffuse?

Thanks for stopping by today!

********************


********************

Comments

Popular Posts