Easy All-Natural Daily Shower Cleaner

I have successfully kicked one more chemical to the curb from the Grunewald household!!! *Pause for cheering and applause*. I tossed my toxic daily shower cleaner (which really didn't work that well anyway) and replaced it with an all-natural diy version that I love!


I made this Daily Shower Cleaner a couple weekends ago, and it's been working great! This recipe took me just a couple minutes to put together. It's so easy - I'll never go back to the store bought stuff!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 16 oz Glass Spray Bottle - I got mine on Amazon. I just did a search for glass spray bottles. Again, I chose the amber bottle to try to keep the direct light from my oils. You won't want to use plastic because the chemicals from the plastic can leech into your spray.
  • 1 Cup Water
  • 1 TB Castile Soap (I used the "Baby" scent free)
  • 3/4 Cup Vinegar
  • Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil (5-10 drops)
  • Young Living Citrus Fresh Essential Oil (10-15 drops)
I chose Peppermint and Citrus Fresh oils, but you really could choose any blend or single oil that you like. I personally love the fresh scent of both of these oils and the cleaning power of the Citrus Fresh.

Here's how you make it:
  • Pour the water into your bottle - a funnel may make this easier!
  • Add your Castile soap. Swirl the bottle to mix in with the water.
  • Pour in your vinegar. Swirl again.
  • Add your essential oils and give one final swirl.
  • Screw on the spray cap & enjoy!

For those of you that don't use a daily shower cleaner, this beauty will help to keep your shower fresh between deep cleanings. I use it to keep the soap scum at bay so that I don't have to scrub as much in my full-blown cleaning routine.

Both of these oils were included in my Starter Kit. You can learn more about uses and safety for Peppermint essential oil HERE and for Citrus Fresh by clicking HERE.


Make sure you subscribe to my blog via email at the top of this page and like my Facebook Page so that you don't miss any of my adventures or DIY recipes!

Thanks for stopping by!










********************

Comments

Popular Posts